Ice dams are dangerous inside and outside your home.
Inside damage may occur in your home. Water that leaks through your roof will soak your insulation, sheetrock and carpet which may need to be removed to avoid mold. Water will soak and swell your hardwood floors and cause them to buckle. Water will leak into and through your electrical outlets. Water will cause your paint to peel. Your insurance, minus your deductible, will cover most of the damage as long as you have taken steps to mitigate the problem. Even when insurance does cover the damage, your life is upended during the reconstruction process.
Ice dams are dangerous in another way. Every year several people are killed by falling off their roof trying to remove an ice dam. It is a job that requires the right equipment and the proper training and experience. Our technicians are our employees. Unlike many ice dam companies, we don't use sub contractors. If a subcontractor has an accident, the liability could fall on you and your homeowner's insurance. Our employees are covered under Workers' Comp insurance and we carry $2,000,000 in general liability insurance. Truly, this is one job that is best left to the professionals.
On top of the job being dangerous, the right equipment is required to safely remove the ice dam. If not done correctly, your shingles, soffit and roof can be damaged. People have tried many ways to remove ice dams including using hammers, hatchets, torches and chainsaws. These choices can result in not only damage to the roof, but also bodily damage including death.
Trust us to keep you, your family and your home safe:
- We use steam to safely remove ice dams. Click here to learn about our superior ice dam removal equipment.
- To protect you from liability all of our employees are covered by Workers' Comp insurance. You are protected with our $2,000,000 in general liability insurance. Click here to view our insurance certificates.
- We're experienced. We have removed more ice dams than anyone since 1995. News organizations frequently feature us for our expert experience. Click here to view some of our news clips.
- Our technicians are highly trained. Each employee has gone through an extensive in house DVD training program along with in-the-field training with a certified trainer with years of experience.
- We have been accredited by the Better Business and have an A+ rating. Check out our reviews on Angie's List, Google+ and Home Advisor.
- We also provide roof snow raking and roof snow removal to help prevent future issues.